Pages


Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Euro - Day 4

There's perhaps only another couple of hour's work required on this drawing, but I'm calling it a day anyway - I know better than to persist when I'm feeling tired or jaded.  I'll add the finishing touches tomorrow and hopefully will be thinking about my next subject by lunch time.  



As you can see, I've continued to model the euro's body and have all but completed the clumps of grass surrounding him. Once I'm happy that the drawing is complete, I'll carefully brush it to remove any loose Conte, then spray a light coat of fixative.  I find that fixative tends to reduce the brilliance of the white Conte so I'll refine and intensify the highlights once it's dry before applying a final coat.

It's only been in the later stages of this drawing that I've felt in control, but overall I'm happy with the results so far.  Regardless of the final outcome, the most significant achievement will be finishing a piece of art after a break of many years.

Best wishes
Pete

No comments: