Pages


Monday, January 8, 2018

A Learning Experience

I've continued to tweak the background trees and, most obviously, have roughly scrubbed in the remainder of the scene using a mixture of raw umber and white, the rationale being that the foreground vegetation is very light in tone and will be easier to establish over a darker base layer.


I'm a little more satisfied with the most distant grasses after spending some time this morning  experimenting with colours and technique, although I'm sure I'll return to them as I complete other areas of the painting by which time, hopefully, my brushwork will be more confident.

Given my unfamiliarity with oil paints, I'm guarding against disappointment by thinking of this purely as a learning experience, with a focus on paint handling and the development of a more systematic approach. On that basis, it's a case of so far, so good.

As always, constructive criticism and comments are most welcome.


Cheers
Pete

No comments: