Pages


Monday, June 22, 2009

Back On Track

This is the first painting I've attempted since picking up the brushes again a few months ago where I've felt in control. Hopefully, it marks a turning point after I'd struggled with my first couple of paintings.

As I sat and conducted day one's post-mortem last night, my sense of satisfaction was overshadowed by enormous relief. After working on the painting again today, I have to say I'm cautiously optimistic, however, I won't tempt fate by declaring it a success with so much work remaining!


Regardless of the final outcome, I feel I've gone a long way towards rediscovering the techniques and style that had evolved all those years ago and had eluded me until now. It's the confidence boost I so badly needed and another step on the way to producing the kind of art I aspire to.

The lesson for anyone newly entering the world of art is that with persistence and dogged determination, your unique style will reveal itself. I'm not sure it can be rushed though; it will emerge - or in my case re-emerge - when it's good and ready!

Cheers
Pete

5 comments:

Colette Theriault said...

That's great Pete! Glad to see that you are back at this one as I can't wait to see it completed. It looks amazing so far. So now, I too have to get cracking and get on with it with that squirrel painting...

Peter Brown said...

Thanks Colette. I might finish this one before you complete your squirrel painting!

Colette Theriault said...

Hey Pete, I hope so because I have to finish mine within the next few weeks! eeeekkk. So lets get painting.
Thanks for your kind comments on my blog regarding the labradoodle. Black fur is not all that hard...just takes longer to fill that white paper.

James Whitehurst said...

looking great.

Peter Brown said...

Thanks James!