Pages


Sunday, March 29, 2020

Studio/Workshop Progress Report - Doors and Windows

I had a long wait for doors and windows to be fabricated and delivered, but I'm pleased to report that they're now in place.


I've more or less completed the balustrade that runs along the edge of the deck on the northern side of the building, and the decking planks have been secured, except for a gap along the base of the straw bale wall sufficient to allow render to be applied to the wall below deck level.


The rendering contractor indicated he'd spray the first coat of render next week, but with rain forecast I'm prepared to be disappointed. Nevertheless, I can console myself with the idea that it's bound to happen fairly soon. 

I've allowed myself time this week to enjoy the view out of the corner window, and the experience is everything I'd hoped it would be. It's wonderful to be surrounded by deciduous trees, particularly as the autumn colours appear, and when the leaves fall and more distant views materialise, I know they'll be a constant, pleasant distraction.   


On a glorious autumn day like today it would be easy to doubt that the world has been turned upside down. Please heed the advice of the experts, and stay well!


Cheers
Pete  

2 comments:

Jeremy Pearse said...

Wonderful how your studio is coming along. I bet you can't wait to be in there working. Hope you are well and stay safe.

Peter Brown said...

Hi Jeremy. Sorry it's taken so long to notice and respond to your comment - it's been sitting there awaiting moderation.

The workshop is complete, but painting projects are moving very slowly. I'm making lots of sawdust, however!